1. --Are you sure you're ready for the best?
--_________. I'm well prepared for it.
A. I'm afraid not B. No problem C. Hard to say D. Not really
2.______prize for the winner of the competition is ______two-week holiday in Paris.
A. The ; 不填 B. A ; 不填 C. A ; the D. The ; a
3. In many ways , the education system in the US is not very different from ____in the UK.
A. that B. this C. one D. it
4. It is important to pay your electricity bill on time , as late payments may affect your ______.
A. condition B. income C. credit D. status
5._______online shopping has changed our life , not all of its effects have been positive.
A. Since B. After C. While D. Unless
6.That young man is honest , cooperative , always there when you need his help .______, he's reliable.
A. Or else B. In short C. By the way D. For one thing
7. The study suggests that the cultures we grow up _______influence the basic processes by which we see world around us.
A. on B. in C. at D. about
8. We can achieve a lot when we learn to let our differences unite , rather than _______ us.
A. divide B. reject C. control D. abandon
9. Silk ______ one of the primary goods traded along the Silk Road by about 100 BC.
A. had become B. reject C. control D. abandon
10.To return to the problem of water pollution , I'd like you to look at a study _______ in Australia in 2012.
A. having conducted B. to be conducted C. conducting D. conducted
11. Scientists have advanced many theories about why human beings cry tears , none of ______ has been proved.
A. whom B. which C. what D. that
12.When their children lived far away from them , these old people felt ______from the world.
A. carried away B. broken down C. cut off D. brought up
13. A sudden stop can be a very frightening experience , ______ if you are travelling at high speed.
A. eventually B. strangely C. merely D. especially
14. When the time came to make the final decision for a course , I decided to apply for the one that ______my interest.
A. limited B. reserved C. reflected D. spoiled
15. Had the governments and scientists not worked together , AIDS-related deaths _______ since their highest in 2005.
A. had not fallen B. would not fall C. did not fall D. would not have fallen
16. In this article , you need to back up general statements with ________ examples.
A. specific B. permanent C. abstract D. universal
17. George _________ too far . His coffee is still warm .
A. must have gone B. might have gone C. can't have gone D. needn't have gone
18. I have always enjoyed all the events you organized and I hope to attend in the coming years
A. little more B. no more C.much more D.many more
19. I had as much fun sailing the seas as I now do with students.
A. wotking B. work C. to work D. worked
20.—The movie starta at 8:30,and wo can have a quick bite before wo go
-- .See you at 8:10
A. So long B. Sounds great C. Good luck D.Have a good time
During the war,my husband was stationed at an army camp in a desert in California.I went to live there in order to be 21 him. I hated the place .I had never 22 been so unhappy . My husband was ordered out on a long-term duty,and I was left in a tiny shack(棚屋) alone. The heat was 23 -almost 125 0F even in the shade of a cactus(仙人掌). 24 a soul to talk to . The wind blew non-stop ,and all the food I ate ,and the evry air I breathed,were 25 with sand , sand , sand !
I was so sorry for myself that I wrote to my parents. I told them I was 26 and coming back home.I said I couldn’t stand it one minute longer. I 27 be in prison! My father answered my 28 with just two lines-two lines that will always sing in my 29 - two lines that completely changed my life :
Two men looked out from prison bars
One saw the mud ,the other saw the stars
I read those two lines 30 I was ashamed of myself. I made up my mind I would find out what was good in my present 31 ; I would look for the stars
I made friends with the natives,and their 32 amazed me. They gave me presents of their favorite artworks which they had 33 to sell to toueists . I studied the delightful forms of the cactus .I watched for the desert sunsets,and 34 for seashells that had been left there millions of years ago when the desert had been an ocean 35
What brought about this 36 change in me ? The desert hadn’t changed , 37 I had .I had changed my 38 And by doing so ,I changed an unhappy experience into the most amazing 39 of my life . I was excited by this new world that I had dicovered I had looked out of my self-creatded prison and 40 the stars
A. B. C. D.
21. A. off B. behind C. near D. beyond
22. A. before B. already C. then D. still
23. A. inflexible B. incomprehensible C. uncontrollable D.unbearable
24. A. Only B. Not C. Many D.Such
25. A. covered B. filled C. buried D. charhed
26. A. catching up B. keeping up C. giving up D.getting up
27. A. ought to B. might well C. would rather D.had better
28. A.request B. call C. question D.letter
29. A. comparison B. imagination C. consideration D. memory
30. A. over and over B. by and by C. up and down D.noe and then
31. A. company B. occupation C. situation D.relationship
32. A. movement B. reaction C. guidance D.purpose
33. A. refused B. failed C. managed D.happened
34. A. asked B. hunted C. waited D.headed
35. A. floor B. surface C. rock D.level
36. A. shocking B. challenging C. puzzling D.astonishing
37. A. as B. but C. for D.or
38. A. attitude B. principle C. identity D.standard
39. A. vacation B. operation C. affair D. adventure
40. A. sought B. counted C. found D.reached
“Did you hear what happened to Adam Last Friday?”Lindsey whipers to Tori.
With her eyes shining,tori brags，“You bet I did,Sean told me two days ago.”
Who are Lindsey and Tori talking about?It just happened to be yours truly,Adam Freedmam,I can tell you that what that what they are saying is (a) not nice and (b) not even true.Still,Lindsey and Tori aren’t very different from most students here at Linton Higt School,including me.Many of our conversations are gossip(闲话)。I have noticed three effects of gossip:it can hurt people,it can give gossipers a strange kind of satisfaction,and it can cause social pressures in a group.
An important negative effect of gossip is that it can hurt the person being talked about.Usually,gossip spreads information about a topic-breakups, trouble at home,even dropping out-that a person would rather keep secret.The more embarrassing or shameful the secret is,the juicier the gossip it makes.Probably the worst type of gossip is the absolute lie. People ofen think of gossipers as harmless,but cruel lies can cause pain.
If we know that gossip can be harmful,then why do so many of us do it? The answer lies in another effect of gossip:the satisfaction it gives us.Sharing the latest rumor(传言)can make a person feel important because he or she knows something that others don’t. Similarly,hearing the latest rumor can make a person feel like part of the “in group.”In other words, gossip is satisfying because it gives people a sense of belonging or even superiority(优越感).
Gossip also can have a third effect:it strengthens unwritten,unspoken rules about how people should act.Professor David Wilson explains that gossip is important in policing behaviors in a group.Translated into high school terms, this means that if everybody you hang around with is laughing at what John wore or what Jane said,then you can bet that wearing or saying something similar will get you the same kind of negative attention.The do’s and don’ts conveyed through gossip will never show up in any student handbook.
The effects of gossip vary depending on the situation.The next time you feel the urge to spread the latest news,thing about why you want to gossip and what effects your “juicy story”might have.
41.The author uses a conversation at the beginning of the passahe to .
A.introduce a topic
B.present an argument
C.describe the characters
D.clarify his writing purpose
42.An important negative effects of gossip is that it .
A.breaks up relationships
B.embarrasses the listener
C.spreads information around
D.causes unpleasant experiences
43.In the auther’s opinion,many people like to gossip because it .
A.gives them a feeling of pleasure
B.helpl them to make more friends
C.makes them better at telling stories
D.enables them to meet important people
44.Professor David Wilson think that gossip can .
A.provide students with written rules
B.help people watch their own behaviors
C.force school to impove student handbooks
D.attract the police’s attention to group behaviors
45.What advice does the author give in the passage?
A.Never become a gossiper
B.Stay away from gossipers
C.Don’t let gossip turn into lies
D.Think twice before you gossip.
Below are search record from a university library’s database
Quick Search l Category l Full Text l Advanced
Search full text books for children
Displaying 1 to 100 of 639 titles for children where Category is Education阳光文库 http://www.yggk.net/wenku/
高考关键字:阳光高考 | 院校库 | 招生简章 | 高考分数线 | 高考录取查询 | 高校排名 | 志愿填报 | 院校信息 | 高校动态 | 高考资讯 | 艺术高考 | 高考政策 | 高考试题 | 复习资料 | 志愿填报 | 高考专业解读 | 高考招生计划 | 院校信息 | 一起学习吧 | 专业就业 | 教育时评 | 学参中考网 | 211工程 | 985工程 | 教育部直属 | 北京高考 | 上海高考 | 贵州高考 | 吉林高考 | 辽宁高考 | 陕西阳光高考 | 湖北高考 | 河北高考 | 山西阳光高考 | 山东阳光高考信息平台 | 江苏阳光高考信息平台 | 浙江阳光高考信息平台 | 福建阳光高考信息平台 | 安徽阳光高考 | 河南阳光高考信息平台 | 广东高考 |