People in several American states may be surprised to see ca
People in several American states may be surprised to see cars in city streets without a driver. Experimental driverless vehicles now are legal in Florida, Nevada and California. They are pointing the way to a future that is not far down the road. The high-tech company Google has a number of self-driving cars, Which had covered 480,000 kilometers by August. Volvo is among the companies dong road tests and says in plans to sell driverless cars by 2020.
In September, California Governor Jerry Brown signed an act to allow autonomous vehicles on the roads of his state. “Today we’re looking at science fiction becoming tomorrow′s reality—the driverless car.” The systems been improved through competitions sponsored by the U. S. government agency DARPA. Engineer Richard Mason of the Rand Corporation helped design driverless vehicles for DARPA challenge races.
Cars have become much more fuel-efficient, and new electronic features are making Hondas safer, said Angie Nucci of Honda America. “A camera on the passenger-side mirror actually engaged on your guiding screen so you can safely change lanes.” Other safety features include warning systems on the front and the sides of the cars. The syatems help drivers, but don′t replace them. Curatou Leslie Kendall of the Petersen Automotive Museum said autonomous cars will make the high ways safer.
“By taking out drivers, you also remove most risks of an accident,” Kendall said, you also remove most risks of an accident,” Kendall said. He said consumers, however, may be unwilling to lose control. “It may take them time to come to realize that the technology is indeed reliable, but it will have to prove itself first”,
Mason said the technology already works and the biggest challenge now is getting down the cost for driverless vehicles from hundreds of thousands of dollars to something more affordable. He said this will happen as the technology is improved.
1. What can we learn from Paragraph 1?
A. Driverless vehicles are now legal in the whole USA.
B. Volvo will be the first to sell driverless cars.
C. Google′s self-driving cars have covered a long distance.
D. Driverless cars are pointing us a faraway future.
2. We learn that Governor of California Jerry Brown.
A. Helped design self-driving cars.
B. Supports self-driving cars on roads.
C. Considers self-driving cars science fiction.
D. Improved the self-driving car systems
3. According to Richard Mason. What is the biggest challenge for driverless cars?
A. They are now too expensive for consumers.
B. Their technical problems remain to be solved.
C. They are not allowed to run on the road.
D. They are more dangerous for people on the street.
4. What's the best title of the passage?
A . the benefits of the self-driving v cars
B . the biggest challenge of the self-driving cars
C. self-driving cars: science fiction future is near
D. safer of more dangerous—self-driving cars.
语篇解读 本文主要讲述了无人驾驶车正在进入我们的生活。Richard Mason 认为无人驾驶汽车最大的挑战是对于消费者来说太贵了。
1. C 推理判断题。根据Experimental driverless vehicles now are legal in Florida, Nevada and California.可知，谷歌的无人驾驶汽车走了很长的距离。
2. B 推理判断题。根据In September, California Governor Jerry Brown signed an act to allow autonomous vehicles on the roads of his state. 可知，加州的州长Jerry Brown支持无人驾驶汽车上路。
3. A 细节理解题，根据Mason said the technology already works and the biggest challenge now is getting down the cost for driverless vehicles from hundreds of thousands of dollars to something more affordable. 可知，Richard Mason认为无人驾驶汽车最大的挑战是对于消费者来说太贵了。
4. C 主旨大意题。 本文主要讲述了无人驾驶汽车正在进入我们的生活。英语阅读理解高考英语模拟试题库 http://www.yggk.net/english/
高考关键字:阳光高考 | 院校库 | 招生简章 | 高考分数线 | 高考录取查询 | 高校排名 | 志愿填报 | 院校信息 | 高校动态 | 高考资讯 | 艺术高考 | 高考政策 | 高考试题 | 复习资料 | 志愿填报 | 高考专业解读 | 高考招生计划 | 院校信息 | 高考热门专业 | 专业就业 | 教育时评 | 健康高考 | 211工程 | 985工程 | 教育部直属 | 北京高考 | 上海高考 | 贵州高考 | 吉林高考 | 辽宁高考 | 陕西阳光高考 | 湖北高考 | 河北高考 | 山西阳光高考 | 山东阳光高考信息平台 | 江苏阳光高考信息平台 | 浙江阳光高考信息平台 | 福建阳光高考信息平台 | 安徽阳光高考 | 河南阳光高考信息平台 | 广东高考 |